Sweet Heat Spare Ribs
4 hours 15 minutes
1. Trim St. Louis style spare ribs to your liking and remove membrane on the backside.
2. Rub with mustard and apply SPG rub and follow with Stinger rub. Let the rub adhere for at least 15 minutes.
3. Prepare your drum smoker with charcoal and two chunks of cherry wood. Run the drum smoker at 275f.
4. When ribs reach 165f internal, wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil with 3 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp turbinado sugar.
5. Place directly back on the smoker at 300f and continue to cook until the ribs reach 200f internal.
6. Remove ribs from foil and place directly back on smoker until they reach 205f internal.
7. Once the ribs reach the desired temp, place on a cutting board and loosely tent with foil for 20 minutes minimum.
8. Dig in!
•2 tbsp | yellow mustard
•2 tbsp | Spiceology SPG rub
•1/8 cup | Spiceology •Sasquatch Stinger rub